Date: 10:30-12:00 Tuesday, 28 June
Bellona Europa, CAN Europe and E3G have the pleasure of inviting you to the virtual event “Taxonomy CDA’s misalignment with path to net-zero and REPowerEU and the CEE perspective”. This is the fourth and last event of the Bellona Europa event series on the Taxonomy CDA, co-hosted by a range of cooperative partners.
The European Commission’s REPowerEU strategy set the path to end Europe’s problematic dependency on fossil fuels, and in particular Russian fossil gas. The solution identified: to accelerate the continent-wide deployment of renewable and low carbon technologies. Rather, the Taxonomy CDA makes these very solutions compete for sustainable funding with fossil gas. Join us for a discussion on how the CDA, if it remains unchanged, risks hindering the aims of the REPowerEU, locking in Europe’s fossil assets by green-lighting more investments into new fossil gas project. This event will also delve into the CEE perspectives, and how the Taxonomy CDA will influence the CEE region in particular.
- Welcome by moderator – Esther Bollendorff, EU Gas Policy Coordinator, CAN Europe
- Introduction of main conclusion event series – Lina Strandvåg Nagell, Senior Manager Projects & EU Policy, Bellona Europa
- Remarks from MEP Christophe Hansen, Group of the European People’s Party
- Aligning the EU’s green taxonomy with the new geopolitical reality – Tsvetelina Kuzmanova, Policy Advisor, E3G
- CEE perspective – Mihnea Catuti, Head of Research, Energy Policy Group