The Platform for Electro-Mobility, of which Bellona is an active member, together with MEP Matthijs van Miltenburg, have the pleasure of inviting you to a conference in the European Parliament, Brussels, on 27 February 2018, ‘One million electric vehicles just around the corner – What next?’
In the coming months, Europe is set to pass the 1 million electric vehicles mark. Considering EVs were virtually absent from the market half a decade ago, this is a stunning achievement which must not hide the fact that electrification of transport will still require some support from policy makers in the coming years.
The European Commission’s mobility package, with the revision of the Clean Vehicles directive, an action plan for the deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure and new emission standards for cars and vans is a unique opportunity to lift obstacles to EV purchase.
During this event, speakers will discuss the current status of EV deployment in the EU, and share their insights on what still holds down consumers from switching to electric cars, where and how to deploy a charging infrastructure and what European policy-makers can do to support the transition towards electro-mobility.
- 16:30 Registration
- 17:00 Welcome address, Matthijs van Miltenburg, MEP
- 17:10 Introduction, Marie-France van der Valk, Chair of the Platform for Electro-mobility
- 17:20 Keynote speech, Violeta Bulc, Commissioner for Transport (tbc)
- 17:30 Panel debate and Q&A with the audience – Can the EC transport package keep the momentum for electro-mobility?
Moderator – Greg Archer, Director Clean Vehicles, Transport & Environment
– Monique Goyens, Director General, BEUC
– Infrastructure provider (ABB)
– Benjamin Bailly, e-Bus Director, Alstom
– Public transport operator (UITP)
– Christopher Burghardt, Managing Director Europe, Chargepoint
- 18:50 Concluding remarks, Hans-Jürgen Salmhofer, Executive Dept. Mobility Change & Decarbonisation, Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (tbc)
- 19:00 Networking Cocktail
Learn more about the Platform for Electro-Mobility here.