Job title: Executive Assistant to the Director
Deadline: 10 August, 2022
Do you want to contribute to our NGO’s mission to fight climate challenges and make the planet more sustainable? Are you highly motivated, organised and accountable? We are looking for a committed, proactive and structured Executive Assistant to the Managing Director of Bellona Europa. The Executive Assistant should be able to work independently, and act as an efficient and reliable right-hand person to the Director.
No days are the same at Bellona, and we love it. The Executive Assistant will be working at our Brussels office on exciting and varied work assignments, together with skilled, passionate and friendly team members, as well as with a large network of contacts nationally and internationally. The Executive Assistant will report directly to Bellona Europa’s Director.
The position consists of:
- Support to the Director (main tasks)
- Manage emails, calls and other correspondences,
- Coordinate press requests and the Director’s social media
- Expenses management, efficient classification based on Bellona’s projects/grants
- Manage calendar, and take meeting/webinar/conference minutes
- Manage and follow up complex organisational tasks
- Manage travel arrangements
- Help draft presentations, reports, emails, proposals, grants applications, participate in relevant workshops and meetings, etc.
- Actively support with stakeholder management and institutional relations
- Support Board Meetings
- Support to Office management, HR & Projects
- Office management support
- Onboarding support
- Support to Management team meetings
- Coordinate internal and external events
- Participate and support Bellona Europa’s communication work
- Support team members with ad-hoc projects execution
- Support the policy team with attending events, taking notes, participating in discussions, etc. (optional, only if EA interested in policy work and if feasible after main tasks are completed)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Additional languages welcome (especially Scandinavian languages, Dutch, German and French).
- High interest in learning about Bellona’s work
- Great organisational skills
- Contributor and ideas sharer to improve processes
- Solution-oriented, proactive
- Proven experience with successful time and stress management, and prioritisation of tasks
- Excellent team player while also able to work autonomously
- Eligible to work and reside in Belgium
- Good interaction and people skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable as focal point and case handler
- Discrete and trustworthy
- Positive and flexible
- High degree of accountability, self-motivation and actively seeking out information
- Curious and able to acquire professional knowledge in various areas
- Relevant experiences in an executive/administrative/organisational role is a plus
- Experience in civil society/NGO, and particularly in climate/environment is a plus
- Experience with national or international politics, policy-making and the European Institutions is a plus
- Experience with press, media or communication work is a plus
We offer an NGO competitive remuneration, based on your experience, on an initial 1-year contract, full-time, with the possibility of extension. Occasional travel is to be expected. Starting date is as soon as possible. Bellona promotes a multicultural, inclusive, collaborative and flexible work environment.
How to apply? Please send your application in one PDF file including: CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) outlining your motivation for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate ‘EA application’ in the subject line, by 10 August, 2022, 18h00 CET at the latest. Your file should be named as follows: familyname_name.pdf. Kindly indicate where you found our vacancy.
About us: Bellona Europa is an independent, non-profit organisation that meets environmental and climate challenges head on. We are solutions-oriented and have a comprehensive and cross-sectoral approach to assess the economics, climate impacts and technical feasibility of necessary climate actions. To do this, we work with civil society, academia, governments, institutions, and industries.